Welcome to Catherine Chambers Physiotherapy & Pilates
Meet our Experienced Team
Cloudia BarrBSc Physio (Hons) (UCT)
Cloudia has a keen interest in upper limb injuries, especially the shoulder, and enjoys dry needling and soft tissue work. She believes that a very important aspect of rehabilitation is learning to move your body in a functional and conscious way. In her spare time she loves doing yoga and learning about the mind-body connection.
Catherine ChambersMSc Physio (Wits); MSc Med Hons Exercise Sci. (UCT)
Catherine is the owner of the physiotherapy practice. Her experience is in rehabilitation of a wide spectrum of injuries with an emphasis on the exercise component. She has a special interest in sports injuries, being a keen sports participant herself, and in visceral manipulation. Her spare time is spent with her energetic twin girls.
Kiana is the Office Manager at the Practice. She enjoys organizing and is here if you have any queries. She has a keen interest in Pilates and loves to work in the garden. She spends her spare time at the beach, or with her friends and family.
- Covid-19 Notice: Physiotherapists are classified as Essential Service Providers. We are open for Physiotherapy sessions. The following protocols will be followed, and we are taking all the necessary health & safety precautions to protect both you and us. 1) We will be screening each client prior to the session both telephonically and with a screening form which needs to be signed before the appointment date. 2) The bookings will be spaced out appointment times to ensure no more than one client in the reception area at any one time. 3) You will be asked to wash your hands upon entering the Practice. 4) You will be required to wear a mask at all times. 5) Your temperature will be taken before the session. We do also offer remote Physiotherapy sessions. During these sessions we can offer workstation advice, go through exercises, and help you manage your stress through counselling advice and planning of a movement programme. Call Cathy on 0214612159/0824653745 to book an appointment. We look forward to assisting you.
- For admin queries, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org, otherwise please call 0214612159/0824653745 to answer your queries or to book an appointment.
- Our Pilates classes are continuing remotely. We offer one on one Pilates sessions if preferred, or to prepare you for classes. Call to book and/or find out more.
- Follow us on social media to keep up to date with our services! Through our Instagram we highlight anything we think may be useful to you.
- Stay informed with our Newsletters to see some tips, tricks and the odd recipe! You can find the Newsletters on this website or through the link attached.
As an active person and having been involved in many different sports at a competitive level, I had various injuries of different degree and complexity. Cathy and her physios never failed to get me back on track, whether it was post- shoulder surgery or a little "twitch" in a calf muscle. They are always very professional in their approach to injuries, with a personal touch to put your mind at ease. Catherine Chambers Physio is the kind of place you look forward to going to, it is a happy, friendly Practice where professionals are at work. I can highly recommend Catherine Chambers Physiotherapy!
It is a pleasure working with Cathy and her team for their professional assessments and rehabilitation of our mutual patients. I have no hesitation in recommending you and your team for patients who have shoulder and elbow problems.
Thanks so much for all you've done in helping me to regain and maintain a much improved lifestyle and quality of life. The strength and fitness program has definitely helped reduce the frequency of injuries whilst the weekly massage has made a real difference in reducing the aches and pains associated with my neck injury, stress etc.
I’ve been to dozens of Physiotherapists, Body Stress Release Practitioners, Chiropractors and Osteopaths over the last 15 years and it always felt like I was seeing a mechanic. With Gen and Cathy I’m working with a sculptor. Thanks to you ladies, I have my body back!
In 2008, after just moving to Cape Town from America, I swung a golf club and ended up immobile and face down on the 10th fairway of the Belleville Golf Club. There was tremendous pain shooting down my right leg. The disc between my L4 and L5 vertebrae was herniated. Some very kind golfers got me on their cart and from there, slid me into my doctor uncle's SUV. Off I went to Panorama Hospital for surgery.
My wife and I have a small cottage just down the hill from Catherine Chambers Physiotherapy. Because of the convenience and the wonderful reputation, I hobbled into their beautiful new building. I was greeted warmly and professionally by the smiling staff member behind the counter. It's now 2019 and Kiana put me at ease and made me feel welcome immediately. The first impression again made me want to stay. I knew that I was in the right place. I'm now 68 and a very active retired Physical Education teacher, (who of course knows everything about his body) currently hiking the Appalachian Trail in America. My goal to finish the 2,200 miles was beginning to look impossible to me, as my body and spirit were failing me.
My schedule landed me in Genevieve’s care to try and sort out the new pain in my same leg and a nagging Plantar Fasciitis problem. I'll admit I was a bit nervous but determined to be a good client. I sat down in Gen's office and the healing began. She has been amazing. Kind, caring, intelligent and professional. I am so grateful. It's 5 weeks later and I'm temporarily in a Pilates class at 7am and have been receiving regular treatment, first for the pain in my leg, and now for my aching foot.
Everything has changed. I am a different person. I was broken 5 weeks ago. Today, through Gen's caring and extremely capable guidance and treatment, my positive attitude is back, the pain in both my problem areas is nearly gone, and I'm confident, that if I continue doing what Gen has taught me, I will be at 100% soon. I walk and ride my bike for moderate distances pain free now. It's just a matter of staying on track!
I think that even more important than my physical improvement, is that I feel alive again. I love my life again. I wake up ready to enjoy my day again, and I've even learned a little. Ha.
I now have a completely different mental and physical approach to my personal health. I thought I could fix myself. I was stuck. Catherine Chambers and Genevieve have taught me new ways to maintain my fitness, stay active, and achieve my goals. I put myself in their capable hands again, 11 years later, and got even better results.
Thank you so very much, Catherine, for maintaining your high standards and thank you, Genevieve, for your excellent care.
When I savagely rolled my ankle and asked a physio friend to recommend a physiotherapist, she said Cathy is the best, and the best diagnostician. I was in a miserable state and felt instantly relieved and looked after when I got to see her. Being treated by Cathy feels very personal. Her gentle, comforting presence is special, and her tremendous experience instilled great confidence.
I leave each Pilates session very aware of my body and its capabilities as well as how I should stand or sit, how I should move, etc. This helps me between my twice-weekly sessions as I sit at the computer, bend over the bath to wash children, etc. What I learn at Pilates, therefore, has a direct effect on the rest of my life.
I am so happy to have found this physio practice to help me with my shoulder pain. There is a high quality of treatment and the people are friendly.
Cathy and her practice offers a fantastic avenue for referral of any postural and biochemical imbalances or weaknesses.
I have noticed a huge improvement in my daughters posture, and concurrent growth in her confidence levels since attending teens pilates classes at Healthjunction.
Cathy's treatment is exemplary. She has excellent diagnostic skills and always shows personalized compassionate care. She is sensitive and intuitive and most professional. What a combination!